Thursday, January 20, 2011

Larcomar & A Sunset

Yesterday evening I went for a walk along the wall in Miraflores and down into Larcomar. Larcomar is a big tourist area with dozens of shops and restaurants. The shops are either brand name shops or have very expensive 'Peruvian' souvenirs. I wandered around, then had dinner and headed home.


A beautiful sunset, perfectly viewed from Doris' living room.








Larcomar



Unfortunately, I woke up sick this morning. I think I expected to be able to avoid getting sick while I was here, but that certainly was not the case. I went back to bed and slept until almost noon, and went to work. I think there's two reasons I got sick: the restaurant food had bugs, and I haven't been eating enough. So after feeling sick all day, I resolved to avoid both situations again. Doris and I bought some fresh chicken and vegetables and I made a hearty chicken soup for dinner. I'm going to bed early, and hoping to wake up refreshed in the morning.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Its so good to read about your adventures and life in Peru so far. Sorry you got sick - glad you are eating again. We are having a wonderful vacation with our friends in Mexico. We look forward to hearing more from you. Love you lots and am praying for you, too. Mom XX OO

    ReplyDelete